Students at Redeemer
At Redeemer we want to know Christ in all His fullness and we yearn for more people to come to know His life transforming power in their own lives. The youth ministry at Redeemer aims to reflect this vision distinctively with the 7-12th graders in our church and community.
We desire to cultivate a community among youth that enables them to strengthen and encourage each other in Christian maturity. Below you will find various activities related to our youth ministries at Redeemer. Please contact Brad or Sean if you have any questions.
2018 Winter and Spring Youth Large Group Meetings
We begin large group each Sunday night at 7:30pm. We will generally have a game, or icebreaker. Following that, we will move into our time of study. Each week, we are finished by 8:45.
Youth Sunday School (SS) Classes - Sunday school meets from 10:00 A.M. to 10:45 A.M. between Worship Services. We have a middle school class for grades 7-8 and a high school class for grades 9-12. The high school class is taught by Phil Rendall and meets in the Conference Room behind the Nursery desk off of the church foyer. The middle school class is taught by Sean Scott and meets in classroom 4.
- The high school class The high school Sunday School class will be looking at the book of Psalms this semester.
- The middle school class will be covering several Pauline letters this quarter. The goal is to see these books as a larger part of the arc of redemptive history as we give our students a full survey of the Bible over a two-year span.
Small Groups - In addition to Sunday school and youth group, we also have youth small group Bible studies. Small groups are a great opportunity for youth to apply Biblical truths to their lives in a more comfortable and safe setting, as well as learn to interpret scripture on their own and learn how to help others understand the Bible. It is also a time to build solid friendship centered on the Gospel and learn how to minister to each other. For more information on our youth small groups, contact Sean Scott (email@example.com).
- High School Boys - is led by Sean Scott and James Rushing. This semester we will be reading "This Changes Everything: How the Gospel transforms the teenage years" by Jaquelle Crowe. Here is a This group meets Wednesday's, 6:30-7:45 in "Junior" which is our mobile unit, next to the church building.
- High School Girls - is led by Meghan Newkirk and Cherie Phillips. The girls will be finishing up Sex, Dating and Relationships into February, then move on to studying Philippians. We will meet on Monday nights from 7:15 - 8:30 at Sola Coffee (7705 Lead Mine Road, 27615)
- Middle School Boys - is led by Michael Bowser and Thomas Rudd. The boys will be studying Colossians and Jonah this semester, and meet on Thursday evenings from 5:45-6:45 in Junior (the mobile unit next to our church building).
- Middle School Girls - is led by Corrie Franklin and Ashlee Archer. The girls will finishing up the book "Loving the Way Jesus Loves" by Philip Ryken. They meet on Monday nights from 7:00 - 8:15 in Junior (the mobile unit next to the church building).
Our 2018 Medical Release form will be available at the parents meeting before youth group on Sunday January 14th.
Want up to stay up to date with what's happening in the life of our youth group at Redeemer?? Sign up to receive our weekly youth update by emailing Sean (firstname.lastname@example.org)