Job/Ministry Opportunity - Office Administrator
Redeemer Presbyterian Church exists to make disciples. We strive to help each other know and follow Jesus in all areas of life for the glory of God and the good of our neighbors in Raleigh and beyond.
We are looking for a new team member who resonates with our mission and who loves people. This person should have a strong work ethic, organizational skills and be a self-starter, flexible, teachable and a clear oral and written communicator.
We currently have an opening for an Office Administrator, reporting to the Senior Pastor. This is a part-time position, Tuesday through Friday 6 hours a day (ex. 9am – 3 pm)
This position supports Redeemer church by providing excellent service to the church members, staff, guests, and others in person, by email, and by phone. This person will often be the first contact with people needing information or assistance from the pastors or staff. This role includes a variety of administrative duties for example; oversee the church master calendar, maintain membership and visitor contacts, prepare the bulletin and music booklets for weekly worship and special services using Adobe InDesign, prepare PowerPoint slides for worship service, and facilitate communication by creating announcements for the bulletin and compiling the weekly e-newsletter.
Experience and Qualifications:
• At least 3-5 years administrative experience; previous experience in a church office administration role is strongly preferred
• Must have an Associate’s degree in Office Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience
• Able to develop clear, concise written communications
• Strong written and verbal communications skills; able to communicate professionally and effectively with church staff, members, volunteers, visitors and vendors
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to organize work and prioritize tasks to ensure that deadlines are met; can also use good judgement when circumstances require flexibility and tasks must be re-prioritized.
• Demonstrated advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, and the organization and storage of electronic documents
• Previous experience or ability to learn to use web applications (square space, Canva) church database software, and Adobe Indesign
• Proficiency in social media applications including at least one of the following: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
• Proficient typing skills of at least 38 wpm
• Proficiency with the use of email tools
• Must be able to exercise discernment and wise judgement, always conscious of the need for
confidentiality. Maintains composure in high pressure or emotional situations.
Compensation & Benefits:
Base pay for this position will be aligned with the candidate’s skills and
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Dan Seale at firstname.lastname@example.org.