Students at Redeemer
At Redeemer we want to know Christ in all His fullness and we yearn for more people to come to know His life transforming power in their own lives. The youth ministry at Redeemer aims to reflect this vision distinctively with the 7-12th graders in our church and community.
We desire to cultivate a community among youth that enables them to strengthen and encourage each other in Christian maturity. Below you will find various activities related to our youth ministries at Redeemer. Please contact Brad or Sean if you have any questions.
Spring Youth Large Group Meetings
We are moving into studying the book of Ephesians to close out our school year calendar of large groups. We meet every week in Junior (our mobile unit on the side of the church building) from 7:30-8:45 every Sunday evening. Throughout a given month, we will have three weeks of studying a specific series, with a cultural analysis (when we analyze a popular song through a Biblical world and life view) as the other Sunday's topic. We enjoy dessert and time for hanging out directly after large group meetings.
Youth Sunday School (SS) Classes - Sunday school meets from 10:00 A.M. to 10:45 A.M. between Worship Services. We have a middle school class for grades 7-8 and a high school class for grades 9-12. The high school class is taught by Phil Rendall and meets in the Conference Room behind the Nursery desk off of the church foyer. The middle school class is taught by Sean Scott and meets in classroom 4.
- The high school class The high school Sunday School class is going through an overview of the Bible and covenant theology this quarter.
- The middle school class will be covering several Pauline letters this quarter. The goal is to see these books as a larger part of the arc of redemptive history as we give our students a full survey of the Bible over a two-year span.
Small Groups - In addition to Sunday school and youth group, we also have youth small group Bible studies. Small groups are a great opportunity for youth to apply Biblical truths to their lives in a more comfortable and safe setting, as well as learn to interpret scripture on their own and learn how to help others understand the Bible. It is also a time to build solid friendship centered on the Gospel and learn how to minister to each other. For more information on our youth small groups, contact Sean Scott (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- High school boys - is led by Sean Scott and James Rushing. We will be working through a book called "Sex, Dating, and Relationships". This book will help us re-evaluate how God intended Male-Female relationships to exist in three categories and what it means to operate out of this instead of how the world constantly redefines purity and relationships. This group meets Wednesday's, 6:30-7:45 in "Junior" which is our mobile unit, next to the church building.
- High school girls - is led by Meghan Newkirk and Cherie Phillips. The girls are reading 'Perfecting ourselves to death' by Richard Winter, and meet on Monday nights from 7:30 - 8:30 at Sola Coffee (7705 Lead Mine Road, 27615)
- Middle school boys - is led by Michael Bowser and Thomas Rudd. The guys are studying through the book of James, and meet on Thursday afternoons from 5:45 - 6:45 in Junior (the mobile unit next to our church building).
- Middle school girls - is led by Corrie Franklin and Ashlee Archer. The girls will be studying the Sermon on the Mount this fall. They meet on Monday nights from 7:00 - 8:00 in Junior (the mobile unit next to the church building).
Parents, for your child to participate in a youth trip that leaves the Redeemer Presbyterian Church property, we require a current Redeemer Medical Release Form to be filled. Click here for our 2017 medical release form.
Want up to stay up to date with what's happening in the life of our youth group at Redeemer?? Sign up to receive our weekly youth update by emailing Sean (email@example.com)