Students at Redeemer
At Redeemer we want to know Christ in all His fullness and we yearn for more people to come to know His life transforming power in their own lives. The youth ministry at Redeemer aims to reflect this vision distinctively with the 7-12th graders in our church and community.
We desire to cultivate a community among youth that enables them to strengthen and encourage each other in Christian maturity. Below you will find various activities related to our youth ministries at Redeemer. Please contact Brad or Sean if you have any questions.
High School Retreat- November 3-5
The fall high school retreat will be at Sedgfield (The Welsh Farm). We will be leaving on Friday the 3rd around 4:30pm, you should plan on arriving at 4:15. We will be back in time for the 11am service Sunday morning.
fall Youth Large Group Meetings
We begin large group each Sunday night at 7:30pm. We will generally have a game, or icebreaker. Following that, we will move into our time of study. Each week, we are finished by 8:45. We have begun a video series titled "Gospel in Life" by Tim Keller and will work through it from August through most of November. The structure of our study will be to briefly discuss a passage of scripture relating to the video, watch the video, and break up into groups for discussion. This series is focused on how the Gospel specifically applies to us in the place we live. How does it transform us inwardly, and how does that transformation impact how we interact with others in north Raleigh?
Youth Sunday School (SS) Classes - Sunday school meets from 10:00 A.M. to 10:45 A.M. between Worship Services. We have a middle school class for grades 7-8 and a high school class for grades 9-12. The high school class is taught by Phil Rendall and meets in the Conference Room behind the Nursery desk off of the church foyer. The middle school class is taught by Sean Scott and meets in classroom 4.
- The high school class The high school Sunday School class is studying the means of grace God has given us. We'll spend several weeks studying prayer, several weeks on
- The middle school class will be covering several Pauline letters this quarter. The goal is to see these books as a larger part of the arc of redemptive history as we give our students a full survey of the Bible over a two-year span.
Small Groups - In addition to Sunday school and youth group, we also have youth small group Bible studies. Small groups are a great opportunity for youth to apply Biblical truths to their lives in a more comfortable and safe setting, as well as learn to interpret scripture on their own and learn how to help others understand the Bible. It is also a time to build solid friendship centered on the Gospel and learn how to minister to each other. For more information on our youth small groups, contact Sean Scott (email@example.com).
- High School Boys - is led by Sean Scott and James Rushing. This semester we are doing an in-depth study of Colossians. One discipline we should continue to develop is our ability to faithfully read, pray through, and comprehend God's word. We will focus on how to do this in the original context of the letter, and seek to apply it to our lives as well. This group meets Wednesday's, 6:30-7:45 in "Junior" which is our mobile unit, next to the church building.
- High School Girls - is led by Meghan Newkirk and Cherie Phillips. We will be working through a book called "Sex, Dating, and Relationships". This book will help us re-evaluate how God intended Male-Female relationships to exist in three categories and what it means to operate out of this instead of how the world constantly redefines purity and relationships. We will meet on Monday nights from 7:15 - 8:30 at Sola Coffee (7705 Lead Mine Road, 27615)
- Middle School Boys - is led by Michael Bowser and Thomas Rudd. The guys are studying the fruit of the Spirit, and meet on Thursday evenings from 5:45 - 6:45 in Junior (the mobile unit next to our church building).
- Middle School Girls - is led by Corrie Franklin and Ashlee Archer. The girls will be reading the book "Loving the Way Jesus Loves" by Philip Ryken. They meet on Monday nights from 7:00 - 8:15 in Junior (the mobile unit next to the church building).
Parents, for your child to participate in a youth trip that leaves the Redeemer Presbyterian Church property, we require a current Redeemer Medical Release Form to be filled. Click here for our 2017 medical release form.
Want up to stay up to date with what's happening in the life of our youth group at Redeemer?? Sign up to receive our weekly youth update by emailing Sean (firstname.lastname@example.org)